Thursday, January 12, 2012

Girl Crush: Alison Mosshart

I fell head over heels with Alison when I heard Sour Cherry on the first season Gossip Girl, it was love at first listen. Since then, I've followed her music, she's fronted the bands: The Kills and The Dead Weather, and her effortless rock n' roll style all the way to Coachella in 2010 and Detroit a few months later. Her fashion might look a little rough around the edges, but don't be fooled. These worn-in pieces are from the best of the best, Marc Jacobs,  Zadig & Voltaire, Ann Demeulemeester, Sass & Bide to name a few.  She seems to also love vintage fur coats as much as I do. Like her fashion sense, her music is undeniably great. Songs from The Kills' current CD, Blood Pressures, as well as past Dead Weather numbers fill up all my spotify playlists.

Here's The Kills' latest video, The Last Goodbye:


Images are past google searches saved to my desktop.  I do not own these images.
For more Alison inspiration - check out her "Today I'm Wearing" blog at Vogue UK: here. And be sure to check out The Dead Weather's youtube channel: here  & The Kills: here.




1 comment:

  1. oooo i love her look! women musicians are some of my favorite for style inspiration.

    ReplyDelete